Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Commercial Data Analytics Manager
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Data management and reporting
- Create and manage analyses for various therapeutic areas / products or oversee these activities within her/his group. Plan, implement, analyze, interpret and provide reports on markets and BAYER JAPAN products/projects in order to provide various functions in BAYER JAPAN with accurate, timely and relevant information which lead to decision making by management or internal partners. Is aware of all available information (IQVIA, Encise, ZS, Intage Health, MDV etc.) and has a solid overview of relevant data sources within secondary market research data.
- Supervise all standard reporting done by the segment specific and relevant functions and ensures alignment with the overall BAYER JAPAN reporting guidelines.
- Continuously track and evaluate secondary market research data and information sources available in Japan based on deep understanding of the current and future needs of BAYER JAPAN. Supervises the discussions with the marketing functions regarding the need for new data sources during the budgeting period.
- Support the Head of CBI (Customer & Business Insights) Japan with the management of outside secondary market research data vendor relationships.Prepare the negotiations with external data providers in close collaboration with Procurement and under the supervision by the Head of CBI Japan.
- Commercial data analytics and forecasting
- Develop analytical programs, including business question development, hypothesis generation, and scoping (timelines, work effort estimation, resourcing, etc.)
- Work collaboratively with internal business partners to provide evaluation of marketing campaigns, business cases, KPIs and appropriate measurement (e.g. ROI analysis).
- Create analytical models and data visualization, e.g., related to promotional response, marketing mix, sales force effectiveness, rebate analyses – and synthesis of critical insights from these models and visualizations
- Demonstrate thought leadership and content expertise in advanced analytics to business partners with the support by Head of CBI Japan. , under close cooperation of global DSAA (Data Science & Advanced Analytics)
- Prepare and present forecast updates to address specific business questions (e.g. new indications, generic switching estimations)
- Manage a team of 4 commercial analytic experts and support the Head of CBI Japan, with recruiting, objective setting, performance evaluation, training and career development of team members.
- Coordinate relevant platforms and systems used to analyze all secondary research data available within BAYER JAPAN, especially developing and maintaining internal data platforms, such as Data Warehouse and Data Lake in collaboration with IT infrastructure team.
- Direct third party consultants and external workbench suppliers to support analytics, research, and consulting efforts and projects.
- Onboard and train new recruits in Marketing departments as well as new team members in the CBI Japan team with regard to data sources, commercial analytics and forecasting.
WHO ARE YOU
- University Degree or above
- Minimum of five years Marketing or primary/secondary Market Research experience in the pharmaceutical industry is required.
- Software knowledge on a sophisticated level is preferred, especially with:
- Forecasting Software
- Statistical Programs and Data Science toolkits (R, Python, SQL…)
- Experience with software from providers like IQVIA, MDV or others is a plus
- The incumbent must have or shall acquire a sound knowledge of BAYER JAPAN’s marketed and pipeline products, therapeutic markets, contracting guidelines and other relevant healthcare policies.
- Expert knowledge of key data sources available (i.e.IQVIA, MDV, Insurance Claims or Pharmacy Prescription data) is indispensable.
- Fluency in English and Japanese.
- Microsoft Office Programs, especially in Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong leadership skills
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills
- Innovative approaches to issues and sound judgement
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills are necessary.
- The incumbent must be able to work with a high degree of independence and plan, organize and implement multiple projects within time, budget and capacity constraints.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply for the position through our recruiting website with “Application for Job posting/Bayer in Japan(バイエルグループ ジョブ・ポスティング応募用紙)” in both Japanese and English.
Reference Code: 444387
Functional Area: マーケティング