Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Strategy Manager
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role – objective:
- Feed the high potential talent pipeline for Bayer Japan –only 1 candidate selected every 2 or 3 years
- Build the candidate’s network with Bayer leadership, through direct exposure to the JPN President, who reports to the Global CEO, and JPN leadership team
- Familiarize the candidate with Bayer Japan management style and core business imperatives, thus positioning her/him for a future high-impact assignment
The responsibilities – contents:
- Strategy development: formulate analysis and proposals on behalf of the President and/or leadership team (e.g.: proposals outlining benefits of a commercialization strategy for the Global Pharma CEO, investments on M&A/partnering opportunities for the Board of Directors, etc)
- Internal consulting: structure problems, evaluate alternatives and define solutions for high-impact business issues (i.e.: evaluation of “go-alone” vs. “go with partner” commercialization strategies, design of a transformation program for an underperforming franchise, etc)
- Commercial Digital Transformation: design strategies to upgrade the pharma traditional go-to-market with novel approaches, leveraging digital channels, customer centricity, content marketing, smart analytics, recommendation engines and agile marketing practices; lead execution of pilots to proof that these strategies have positive market impact/ROI.
The role –future:
- After ~1-2 years in the role, and depending on the candidate’s interest and aptitude, high-impact assignments in the Local or Global (Headquarters) are in scope
WHO YOU ARE
- University Degree or above
- Consulting background with top tier consulting company
- High motivation to succeed in an international environment, as well as high interest in Pharmaceuticals
- Strategy consulting background (required), MBA from top global school (nice to have) and industry experience (nice to have)
- 3 to 7 years of professional experience; excellent structuring, analytical and communication skills
- Fluent in English (TOEIC 800 or above) and business level Japanese (JLPT N2 or above)
- Solid communication skills and to be able to interact and negotiate with upper management
- Strong presentation skills
■The working location is either in Osaka or Tokyo.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply for the position through our recruiting website with Japanese resume, Japanese working experience and English CV.
Please find other working conditions at our career site, by coping and pasting the following URL on your internet browser.
Reference Code: 363886
Functional Area: Market Access