Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Health, Safety, Environment Manager
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for country corporate Health Safety Environment (HSE) regulation compliance risk identification
- Check HSE related country regulation and identify the compliance requirements, issue the regulations update
- Monitor the corporate regulation implementation and collate with regulation requirement
- Review the quality of regulation collection quality regularly
- Key contact person for the government agencies related to corporate HSE topic in Japan
- Leading the HSE interaction activities with external stakeholders
- Responsible for the HSE management Review for country LT team
- Establish the HSE management system for Japan for all businesses exc. Shiga and Hofu sites
- Develop operational HSE objectives and ensure the execution in all business partner in Japan.
- Ensure the report quality of all safety and environment incidents, and efficiency of CAPA measures
- Act as country sponsor for community activities
- Contribute the regional initiatives implementation in communities, actively participate the APAC communities for Seeds, Road safety etc.
- Develop the HSE training requirement to support business and operation
- Develop the country inspection programs for lab, sites and field operations with occupational safety and health standards
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelors degree or above
- A minimum of 7-10 years of management experience required in cross functional operational roles and at least 3-5 years HSE Experience
- Familiar with country HSE legal requirement like environment protection, occupation health, firefighting etc.
- Leadership competencies with focus on Influencing, critical thinking about the Business, and leading change
- Ability to deliver results through collaboration with key business and functional partners
- Success in a complex, multi-national company
- Capability to collaborate and facilitate open dialogue with a wide variety of contributors and stakeholders
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- Highly effective verbal, written and presentation skills with all organizational levels Must be able to travel up to 30% of the time domestically with some international travel
Reference Code: 408870
Functional Area: Sustainability, Health, Safety, Environment